Welcome to the Silver Lake Triathlon
The Silver Lake Triathlon is a beginner-friendly event. The race starts at beautiful Silver Lake and continues in the gently rolling countryside of Portage, Wisconsin. Each participant will receive swag and refreshments.
2014 Online Registration Now Open!August 16, 2014 Race Info
- Race time is Saturday, August 16, 2014, 8 AM. Check in begins at 6:30 AM.
- Start location is 512 Silver Lake Drive Portage, Wisconsin (Silver Lake Park).
- Fees: $60 Individual, $105 Relays. After July 31: $70 Individual, $115 Relay.
- No race-day registration. Event has sold out in previous years. Limited to 400 participants. No exceptions, no transfers.
- This is a sprint-distance triathlon. The race starts at Silver Lake Park and continues in the gently rolling countryside west of Portage, Wisconsin.
The 1/4-mile swim is in Silver Lake.
The 16-mile bike ride is out and back on Highway O.
The 3-mile run is generally on the northwest edge of town.
- The event will have lifeguards, volunteers to direct athletes, and a water station on the run course.
All levels of participants are welcome. We encourage beginners and newbies to get their feet wet.
- Categories: Novice M/F, Elite M/F, Clydesdale, Athena, Relay M/F/Co-ed
- Age groups: 14-19 M/F (under 18 must have Parent/guardian sign waiver and be PRESENT during event), 20-29 M/F, 30-39 M/F, 40-49 M/F, 50-59 M/F, 60+ M/F
- NEW Corporate/Service Challenge: challenge your colleagues to join. Businesses, fire fighters, service groups, etc., welcome. Minimum of 5 persons. Can register as individuals, relay(s), or combination.
- Each participant will receive a t-shirt and food.
- Participants must be 18 or older and sign a waiver on race day. Athletes who are 16 and 17 may participate if parents sign a waiver on race day.
- No refunds. No transfers. The proceeds from this event will go to an area charity to be determined.