Welcome to the Silver Lake Triathlon
August 15, 2015
The Silver Lake Triathlon is a beginner-friendly event. The race starts at beautiful Silver Lake and continues in the gently rolling countryside of Portage, Wisconsin. Each participant will receive swag and refreshments.
- Race time is Saturday, August 15, 2015, 8 AM. Check in begins at 6:30 AM.
- Start location is 512 Silver Lake Drive Portage, Wisconsin (Silver Lake Park).
- Fees: $60 Individual, $105 Relays. After July 31: $70 Individual, $115 Relay.
- No race-day registration. Event has sold out in previous years. Limited to 400 participants. No exceptions, no transfers.
- This is a sprint-distance triathlon. The race starts at Silver Lake Park and continues in the gently rolling countryside west of Portage, Wisconsin.
The 1/4-mile swim is in Silver Lake.
The 16-mile bike ride is out and back on Highway O.
The 3-mile run is generally on the northwest edge of town.
- The event will have lifeguards, volunteers to direct athletes, and a water station on the run course.
All levels of participants are welcome.
We encourage beginners and newbies to get their feet wet.
- Categories: Novice M/F, Elite M/F, Clydesdale, Athena, Relay M/F/Co-ed
- Age groups: 14-19 M/F (under 18 must have Parent/guardian sign waiver and be PRESENT during event), 20-29 M/F, 30-39 M/F, 40-49 M/F, 50-59 M/F, 60+ M/F
- NEW Corporate/Service Challenge: challenge your colleagues to join. Businesses, fire fighters, service groups, etc., welcome. Minimum of 5 persons. Can register as individuals, relay(s), or combination.
- Each participant will receive a t-shirt and food.
- Participants must be 18 or older and sign a waiver on race day. Athletes who are 16 and 17 may participate if parents sign a waiver on race day.
- No refunds. No transfers. The proceeds from this event will go to an area charity to be determined.